Breastfeeding her baby requires availability on the part of the mother, but this investment will be doubly beneficial since it is beneficial to her health and morale. Without forgetting the practicality of this mode of food: always available, at the right temperature and free!
In addition, breastfeeding is for each infant, the ideal and natural food. WHO recommends exclusively breastfeeding for at least 6 months and continuing breastfeeding for at least 2 years, in addition to a diversified diet from 4-6 months.
Breastfeeding is Good For Baby And Mom
After giving birth, the baby’s breastfeeding releases oxytocin: a magic hormone!
Here is a list of the benefits of breast milk:
- During the 2 to 3 days following childbirth, breastfeeding causes contractions (also called “trenches”), more or less painful, but which allow the uterus to regain its size, shape and tone more quickly. before pregnancy. Conclusion: the belly shrinks faster!
- Oxytocin released by breastfeeding also decreases blood loss and the risk of postpartum hemorrhage, while reducing the risk of osteoporosis after menopause. Most importantly, this hormone promotes rest and relaxation.
- The action of the baby’s mouth on the breast while sucking activates the pituitary gland and releases hormones whose effect is anti-stress.
- Several studies have revealed that long breastfeeding would reduce the risks of certain cancers, including breast cancer (according to the British medical magazine The Lancet in 2002) and recurrences (according to the annals of Oncology in 2015), but also that of breast cancer. ‘ovary (according to Harvard scientists in 2007). Good news for moms’ health!
- As energy expenditure is higher in breastfeeding women, the loss of pregnancy pounds is faster. No diet to consider! However, to regain your weight, you must still keep a balanced diet.
- According to a 2002 study from the Journal of Sleep Research, breastfeeding mothers sleep more restoratively, with longer phases of deep sleep. Thanks to prolactin!
- Another important advantage of breast milk is the time savings it provides when you return home. No bottles for preparation, reheating or cleaning. I’m not even talking about it’s free.
- In addition, breast milk is ideal and natural food for every baby. WHO recommends breastfeeding for at least 6 months, and breast milk for at least 2 years, as well as a diversified diet of 4-6 months.
Breast Milk: A Natural Contraceptive?
A woman can ovulate and get pregnant without bleeding and even before the return of diapers. To avoid an unwanted pregnancy, you can consult your gynecologist and get a low-dose progesterone-based pill compatible with breastfeeding.
Note: condoms, spermicides or diaphragms can be used punctually, especially during the first months after birth. Your gynecologist can insert an IUD at the end of the first month. In all cases, when diversifying the baby’s meals, consider taking a contraceptive again if a new pregnancy is not planned.
You can visit our page for flu in pregnancy.