Make pizza dough yourself – this is how fast food becomes healthy and delicious slow food, where you know exactly what is in it and what is on it. So you can make pizza dough yourself with just a few ingredients.
Make Your Own Pizza Dough: The Ingredients
For the pizza dough (3-4 people) you need the following ingredients (preferably in organic quality):
- 500g flour (e.g. spelled)
- a pinch of salt
- a cube of yeast (42g)
- a pinch of sugar
- some lukewarm water (for the yeast)
- 50ml tasteless oil (e.g. rapeseed oil)
- approx. 100ml lukewarm water
- some flour to dust the baking sheet
You also need:
- a cup
- Wooden spoons
- Measuring cup
- Food processor (or knead with hands)
- a clean kitchen towel
- Baking sheet
- Rolling pin
Knead Homemade Pizza Dough
First you prepare the pizza dough:
- Put the yeast in a cup with the pinch of sugar and some lukewarm water.
- Stir until the yeast has completely dissolved in the water.
- Now put the flour in a bowl, add the yeast mixture, the oil, the salt and the lukewarm water.
- Knead the mass into a firm, smooth dough that does not stick to your fingers. If the dough is too wet, you can add a little more flour.
- Then you cover the dough in the bowl with a towel and let it rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Knead the dough thoroughly again after leaving. Now it is ready to be rolled out and covered.
Ingredients For Tomato Sauce And Topping
In the meantime, you can make the pizza sauce. For this you need:
- 300g mashed tomatoes in a jar
- Oregano, basil, and marjoram at will
Mix all the ingredients in a deep bowl.For the topping, you use vegetables of your choice and Gouda. Vegans can also use vegan pizza cheese.
Roll Out, Top And Bake The Pizza
Before processing the pizza dough, pour flour all over the baking sheet. You can now either roll out a large pizza on the baking sheet or form small pizzas.
- The dough is firm and tough, so you can pull it into the desired shape with your hands. If the dough is difficult to work with, place it on the baking sheet and roll it out with the rolling pin.
- Before you load the pizza, lift up the rolled corners of the dough and sprinkle the flour on the plate again.
- Next, spread the tomato sauce on the pizza dough with a spoon and spread it in a circle until the entire pizza is covered.
- Now top the pizza to your taste.
- Finally grate the cheese over the pizza.
You slide the finished pizza into the cold oven. Now set the oven to 175 degrees Celsius / circulating air and bake the pizza for 18 to 20 minutes. Buon appetito!