Finally the beautiful spring days are here! which allows us to enjoy the sun and the terrace and prepare simple recipes like the homemade hamburger accompanied by a very good sauce called Bois Boudran which consists of Worcestershire and sherry vinegar which can be replaced by vinegar balsamic.
This recipe comes from Chef Curtis who presents the American cooking show Take a Home Chef.
A tasty homemade hamburger recipe to which we add in the preparation of minced steaks of shallots returned with garlic, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce which gives it a special note.
For the Sauce:
- Pour the vinegar into a large bowl. Gradually add the oil, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Whisk the mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk in the ketchup.
- Stir in chives and tarragon. Set the sauce aside.
Homemade Hamburger Recipe, For Burger
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the shallots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the garlic. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Gently mix in a large bowl the ground beef, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper.
- Add the shallots and garlic and mix until well blended. Stir in the egg.
- Shape 4 equal patties (approximately 10 cm in diameter). Reserve.
- Grill the hamburger buns for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle the pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the burger for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the burger over. Add a slice of Swiss cheese and cook for about 3 minutes or until the burger is cooked (medium rare for me).
Arrange the burger on the buns. Garnish with your choice (tomato slice, lettuce). Cover with the tops of rolls. Serve with Bois Boudran sauce. You can visit our page for pizza dough.